Texas Native Hardwood Mulch:
An all natural hardwood mulch aged 9-15 months to obtain a long-lasting color that aids and improves soil conditions and doesn't wash away.
- All natural - aged for darkness, won't float away or wash out.
- Consistent color year in and year out.
- Adds natural humus and nutrients to soil as it decomposes.
- Just turn it back into your soil or top dress with new Texas Native Hardwood Mulch when needed.
Great forests and prairies have been growing on Earth for thousands of years with no feeding, watering or pest control by humans. The one thing they have in common is compost—nature's way of nourishing, healing and protecting all plants. Different plants, depending on their origin, prefer the characteristics of a bacterial or mostly fungal compost. Revitalizer™ is a custom blend of humus and manure composts to ensure a wide array of beneficial fungal and bacterial microorganisms. Revitalizer™ is great for mixing into tired or tight soils for bed preparation, or you can use it to top-dress a lawn. Revitalizer™ Compost is a Lady Bug Natural Brand Product.
A soil amendment is any material added to a soil to improve its physical properties, such as water retention, permeability, water infiltration, drainage, aeration and structure. The goal is to provide a better environment for roots.
To do its work, an amendment must be thoroughly mixed into the soil. If it is merely buried, its effectiveness is reduced, and it will interfere with water and air movement and root growth.
- Soil amendments improve the physical properties of soils.
- Amendments are mixed into the soil. Mulches are placed on the soil surface.
- The best soil amendments increase water and nutrient holding capacity and improve aeration and water infiltration.
[The pictures above are before and after shots of a landscaping project that we did this last spring. A soil amendment was done to enrich the soil that we installed new trees, shrubs, and sod to.]
Estimates are always free.